Thread: Anime Expo
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-05, 19:56   Link #49
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez-it_god
I heard Man Faye got arrested, released, and then arrested again yesterday....
Thank god, that was sick. I was eating lunch with my cousins in sunday and this hairy ass MF'er wearing a yellow thong or some crap like like that. He was hairy all over and with the thong his all was visible. Since this bastard was in front of me when my cousins where eating subways sandwhiches I lost my appetite.

Me and my friends where joking about cosplaying as female characters next year, but at least we will do something like Shave/Wax or wear stockings or something.

It was fun though, a highlight for me was the VIZ press conference where I got to meet with all the people that make viz Manga's and of course shonen jump and the dude that makes the english version of Inuyasha. The funniest part was when the girl says "I have seen 108 episodes of Inuyasha" the producer of the english version says "how? There are only 60 something episodes shown on cartoon network" The whole crowd busted out laughing.

Also on sunday was the "how to play go" and that was just amazing. I had my first experience playing go and I must say that it is one of the most fun I had in ages, my cousin Andrew schooled me. I got better as time passed. Of course it pisses me off because I want a go board and no places near me sells it.

Oh yeah, but I has so much fun at AX 2004 I guarantee that I will be there next year. Of course I will plan it so much better since I know what to expect. I have two new manga loves called Cheeky Angel and Imadoki both of which I would never consider had I not been in the Viz Manga panel discussion. Of course I love both those series and try to recommend it at any chance I get.

But whatever the case is I know for my 2nd year of AX I will

a) Save more money, much much more money. I brought $200 dollars but I can't help but think that I should have brought at least a thousand in the Expo.
b) Plan much better so that I wont be wiped out in only 2 days (Friday and Sunday), I enjoyed both times but my planning was so poor that I couldn't bring myself to the other 2 days.
c) Cosplay, I want to cosplay as something next year.
d) Stay in a hotel instead of driving 40 minutes from Corona, CA.
f) Arrange an offical "Animesuki forum" meeting place and time.
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote