View Single Post
Old 2009-07-25, 02:54   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also am I the only one pissed off that Lawrence was so bold as to wager Horo's trust in him for money? He believed that Horo trusted him enough that he could use it to earn him a huge sum of money and that she would go with him at the end of the deal anyway. It begs the question whether Horo's trust in him was directly equatable to money (good lord) or if he was willing to sell her off to the highest bidder.

That doesn't speak well of him.
Well, what else could he have done? If he'd refused, he'd have passed either for an asshole forcing Horo to stay with him, or for a lovestruck idiot. Neither would be good for his reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
That's what I thought, which reminds me of another point I forgot to bring up.

Lawrence probably has "known" about Yoitsu this entire time, but he's simply forgotten it until recently. His meeting with Deanna probably confirmed his suspicion about the legend which he'd been told in a distant past memory. So, I think sometime just before his meeting with Deanna, but long after he began traveling with Horo, was when he remembered about Yoitsu. I wouldn't say that absolves him of keeping the secret from Horo, but it's much less uncommunicative (for lack of a better word) than keeping it from her from the beginning.
What else could he have done? "Oh, hey, I've heard your town was destroyed. Maybe. I think." What good could it have done?

At first, it was just a vaguely remembered rumor he never investigated because he never planned to go there. Then it was a legend. He wanted to learn the present status of Yoitsu before filling Horo with worry. Or at least be a bit more certain of what happened. It's understandable and reasonable, even if it blew up in his face this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Spoiler:
He doesn't actually have to make money - he could have sat on his thumbs. But that'd be missing an occasion to make a profit, which to a merchant is a no-no. Besides, he'd feel more secure if he could mess up Amati's plan - especially now.

And guys, I really don't see what you reproach Amati. So he fell in love with Horo. Can you blame him?

He's mistaken about her relationship with Lawrence - but that's essentially because she lied to him, and he chose to believe her. Heck, he's not that far off either - Horo and Lawrence aren't actually lovers.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2009-07-25 at 04:01.