View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 09:45   Link #4
LKK

Most of the roles I know Brina Palencia from are young girl roles. Eve (Black Cat) and Yin (Darker Than Black). I'm currently working through Baccano! where she voices Ennis, but I'll be hanged if I can remember how Ennis sounds. So I'm not sure yet how she'll sound playing an older (relatively speaking) woman. Mostly because I haven't heard her do an older role.

I'm more familiar with J. Michael Tatum's resume. Jiro (Black Blood Brothers), Kyoya (Ouran), Iichi (Save Me! Lollipop), and Lin (Ghost Hunt). I feel he could do well as Lawrence. (Although I did have a minor panic when I first read the announcement because I mixed up Tatum with Todd Haberkorn. I don't think Haberkorn would be right for Lawrence. ) Travis Willingham would have been a good choice as well. But I think Tatum will do fine.

My biggest concern about the dub is how the cast will pronounce "Horo" / "Holo". Will they emphasize the "r" sound like how the Japanese pronounce sounds to me? Or will they pronounce it according to the official romanization and emphasize the "l" sound? My fear is that they'll say "Holo" and that'll just sound wrong to me.

And for the record, yes, I will be watching the dub. My hubby has vision problems that make reading subtitles nighe impossible for him. I want to show him Spice and Wolf which means we'll be watching with the English track. Although when I'm watching it by myself, I'll stick with the Japanese track because I think the Japanese voices are perfectly done on this series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote