View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 16:00   Link #82
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
The secretary to opposition leader Ozawa was recently arrested for taking illegal donations from a construction company. Hopefully this won't ruin the chances of the LDP being defeated at this year's election.

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/...ry_id=13240678

The best thing that could come from this is Ozawa resigning and a more transparent leader taking his place. Does anybody know what Okada Katsuya's political views are like?
I don't know much about Okada, except that the guy is seen as pro-China. Thus, I hope the next the leader of DPJ won't be him. And if he does become the next DPJ leader, I hope the DPJ loses. Although, I do agree that the economy will only get worse if Taro Aso stays on as prime minister but replacing him with some random politician is only going to make it worse.

I still don't know why Koizumi Junichiro had to announce a retirement. What a horrible timing! With him leading the Liberal Democratic Party, I am certain everything will go smoothly including the economy.

Update: Due to the dropping approval rate of the Democratic Party of Japan due to Ozawa Ichiro's questionable explanations, the chances of him stepping down before the upcoming House of Representatives election has become evident. Currently, there seems to be two candidates suitable of replacing him: Okada Katsuya and Maehara Seiji. In terms of policy, it is clear that Okada Katsuya has the every intention to be pro-China and revise history to match that of both China and Korea. On the other hand, Maehara Seiji is seen to be pro-American meaning that if he becomes the next party president of DPJ, he will definitely approve the dispatch of SDF over to Afghanistan, thus approving Japan-US bilateral relations. The Afghanistan mission is vital to the Obama Administration and improving Japan-US bilateral ties would also help maintain a mutual understanding and perspective towards the issue of North Korean nuclear threats along with the unsolved mysteries of the abductees. Thus, Maehara Seiji makes a better candidate to replace Ozawa Ichiro.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-03-11 at 16:02. Reason: updated
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote