View Single Post
Old 2009-02-12, 17:12   Link #54
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

1.) That's no surprise really.

Don't forget that these were all prototypes designed by the Federation that are meant to pretty much surpass anything Zeon had, including Gelgoogs and beyond, though I highly doubt they calculated something as insane as the Neue Ziel showing up which; a MA that makes even the Big Zam look like crap aside from its main mega particle cannon. (Beam spamming power + high speed and maneuverabilty.)

Prototypes are (usually) made with the best they can possibly get for their buck, tested, then downgraded into possible mass production forms while hopefully maintaining a decently high level of performace at a lower cost. So the Gundam Development Project Gundams were made for just such a purpose; with 1 general-purpose, and 2 more specific purposes (tactical nuclear warfare and area dominance).

2.) As said, all the data corresponding to the Gundam Development Project was deleted soon after Operation Stardust ended, so aside from things planned for mass production anyways (the panoramic monitor and whatnot), they got rid of anything else that made them so advanced in the first place.

3.) Another reason is also probably because of 0083 coming several years AFTER Zeta was already done and OVAs tend to make suits look stronger/weaker than other series'.

I mean, look at 0080 for instance. Normally, a Zaku of any kind, unless piloted by a main character of sorts (in general or for that certain arc) is usually just cannon fodder (though better cannon fodder than Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny units anyway, lol), but 0080 had it matching a much more ADVANCED Gundam than the normal one. Granted, Christina is merely a normal test pilot and not a Newtype pilot like Amuro (who could fully utilize its potential), but still, the specification differences in the 2 MS should be quite obvious. (Not to mention Bernie himself is usually said to be the weakest pilot of the Cyclops team too.)

So similar to there, it was probably to help spice up battles to make them more intense and fun to watch.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote