View Single Post
Old 2008-11-27, 21:07   Link #78
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
But still, I love Railgun and Biri Biri and her gang and would love see Saten and Uiharu voice and animated. In just a question on how well can they adapt it.
I'm slightly surprised how rarely Kuroko is mentioned. As much as I love Biribiri, I'd say that Kuroko is the MVP and most diverse character in the show. Mikoto is a reflector - she shines most brightly when Touma (who is MUCH more enjoyable in Railgun compared to Index) and particularly Kuroko highlight her facets. Her overbearing devotion to Onee-sama alone would already be enough to carry the story

What I like most about her is how many different aspects she possesses. In the beginning we mostly get to see her zany and fanatic side, and she's a source for alot of comedy. Seeing her tilt when someone else spends time with Onee-sama (and succeeds with little bits where Kuroko fails) makes me giggle every time I reread it :->

But I particularly appreciate that she isn't reduced to one-dimensional comedic sidekick with hilarious ero-jiji aspects - especially in the later significantly more serious parts we're treated to her more complex sides: Kuroko, the smart, capable, and brave judgement official, and eventually, her vulnerable parts too (I really felt bad for her in the middle of 17, before... well, you'll see *lol*).

Anyway, if it's ever animated (one can dream) and somehow manages to capture the special Railgun atmosphere, Kuroko's seiyuu will have her work cut out for her! Hail Biribiri, but don't forget Kuroko!