View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 07:06   Link #87
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatebako View Post
Hello,

can anybody explain me the meaning of "tochuu" OR "tochū" from the OP "Tabi no Tochuu" in english please?

"Tabi" and "no" are clear but himself Jim Breen let me down with "tochuu" since some years from my beginning of the fascination of the japanese language.
uhh it's been three months but i thought i might as well answer this for anyone who was wondering and for Tamatebako.

well 'tochuu' stands for in the middle of something or during, an example is 'shobai no tochuu' where shoubai means business (similar to shounin merchant) so in the middle of business. In fact in episode 10 when Lawrence goes to meet the head of the Loewen trade union he said the same thing.

ok well i kinda went off the point there anyway,
'no' means belonging to, so 'ore no namea wa....' is my name is...

'tabi' is a journey or trip(also means a type of Japanese sock but in context it means a journey)

sooo in the end 'tabi no tochuu' directly translates to,
*drum roll*
middle of journey or journey's middle or during a journey.

Sorry if this isn't the right way to get around double posting.

Ok so after the peak of immense pain from wisdom tooth surgery and swelling of the jaw i decided to transcribe some of the ost's of Spice and Wolf since i wasn't able to find any midi's made by fan's online so i decided to start with the violin accompaniment to "Yume no Mani Mani".
If anyone wants the violin midi or sheet music give a shout or if someone already has it can they save me the trouble of transcribing it?
I'll start on the main part after i've done the violin.

Last edited by RayzorFang; 2008-12-17 at 05:20. Reason: Did not want to double post
RayzorFang is offline   Reply With Quote