View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 11:39   Link #87
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
My only complaint is that since the Black Knights where so poorly written that it made them look like complete idiots because only Lelouch, Kallen, and Suzaku where ever properly developed.

As for it being a battle of gray, I have no problem when that, except that most people do want to see a battle of good vs evil, and so they try to make Lelouch a shining example of good trying to overthrow his evil father, and Schneizel to be some nutcase that just wants to blow up the world.

The same thing happened with Death Note, and that even had the writer bashing it into the audiences head that Light was evil.
As a chess lover myself. I really despised how the theme of chess was used throughout the series, but that was tossed to the wilds for the final battle.
I think that was one of the major reasons why I always enjoyed the Lelouch and Kallen relationship. He was the King and she was the Queen. I know there is a whole controversy about that, and I don't want to start a whole Queen debate here. I'm just saying that if you know anything about chess then Kallen fits perfectly as the Queen. At least when it comes to the battles. In chess the Queen is the most powerful fighter on the board.

Well, is it all that surprising that the major characters in the series get the most development?
I do want to disagree that those characters are the only ones with development.
Whether you like her or not. Nina got a good level of development. She really when on the gamut. She went from introvert racist, to psychotic yuri, to revenge driven, to horror of her own actions, path to redemption, and finally to making her sins right with creating the counter to her own destructive creation. You can not call her a static character. She did not end the way she began.