View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 04:02   Link #73
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
At least a 7/10 in my opinion. Would I rewatch it ? I'm not sure. Would recommend someone else watch it ? yes.

I'm at a loss to say whether the story is good or just cheesy. The ending I think was fitting. But the story felt rushed to the extent it was choppy, because of an expected plot twist at end of every single episode. I've definitely seen better from Sunrise's doors, and I've also seen a lot worse. Over all I think though the characters of Code Geass, major and minor are over all very well conceived, and I think they did a decent job between the transition of their previous roles to their new roles. Lelouch became more human than he was in R1, Suzaku though annoying as ever became less idealistic, and ruthless like lelouch.

Animation was fine, clamps character designs you either love or hate, I like their story style the art annoys me a bit.

If they ever expand anymore in code geass, I hope they leave the continuity of this story as is. An OVA with a C2 Back story might be nice, or maybe an alternative universe sort of deal.