View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 17:55   Link #66
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
8/10 for me. Despite all the love/hate CGR2 has drawn, I had a lot of fun watching it and it didn't really get worse anywhere despite stalling one or two times. I don't think there are as many plot holes or OOC moments as people claim there to be, either. Overall, this show has a good mix of various genres - there's something in there for everyone.

The mecha designs in Code Geass were far more interesting than any other mecha show I've ever watched, Gundam or otherwise. Lelouch as the protagonist pretty much carried the show - he was badass when he relied on his brain, and badass when using Geass to screw people over, and was still a human after all was said and done. Although I think they went a bit overboard sometimes with how fast he processes information.

I am somewhat bitter about the open ending, about the extremely short epilogue, and about the way Kallen was used to lead us on throughout the series when in the end nothing much came of it. I'm also a bit unhappy about Suzaku's story getting axed - we never got to hear about the reason for his extraordinary physical abilities, for instance, or his affinity with Geass.

Now for the fanboy comments: Lelouch lives! Give Shirley back. This could've been much better without the whole Rolo plot.
The only one I am calling plot hole on is the Marianne storyline just because I find it goes past the suspension of disbelief that so many intelligent people like Cornelia, Bismarck, and Jeremiah can not tell the difference between a person who is good, and pure, and Marianne who is kind of a massive bitch.

It just screams something that M. Night Shamalayn would write, a twist for the sake of a twist.

Overall Code Geass biggest crime was simply planning, instead of planning something that reads naturally like say Gurren Lagann, it reads like a complete mess. Several plot lines seem to have been aborted, but the biggest one was that Suzaku was supposed to be related to Geass, and in the end he wasn't. As I already mentioned more than half of the KoR should have been removed to keep the feel of the KoR as Aces, and not Fodder.

If Taniguchi's plan was to be as good as a Tomino directed anime than he failed, if his plan was to be as good as Gundam Wing, than I would put that as a success, because while R2 does bring CG down, it doesn't bring them down below GW.

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz on the other hand?

I forgot to mention the best part of Code Geass was the unintentional comedy like Lelouch's pope outfit, Emperor Rocket, and the Fetish Fuel of the ending.

I am suprised more people are not rocking slave Nunnaly avatars

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-10-05 at 18:10.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote