View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 17:11   Link #64
lightbringer
M9000

8/10 for me. Despite all the love/hate CGR2 has drawn, I had a lot of fun watching it and it didn't really get worse anywhere despite stalling one or two times. I don't think there are as many plot holes or OOC moments as people claim there to be, either. Overall, this show has a good mix of various genres - there's something in there for everyone.

The mecha designs in Code Geass were far more interesting than any other mecha show I've ever watched, Gundam or otherwise. Lelouch as the protagonist pretty much carried the show - he was badass when he relied on his brain, and badass when using Geass to screw people over, and was still a human after all was said and done. Although I think they went a bit overboard sometimes with how fast he processes information.

I am somewhat bitter about the open ending, about the extremely short epilogue, and about the way Kallen was used to lead us on throughout the series when in the end nothing much came of it. I'm also a bit unhappy about Suzaku's story getting axed - we never got to hear about the reason for his extraordinary physical abilities, for instance, or his affinity with Geass.

Now for the fanboy comments: Lelouch lives! Give Shirley back. This could've been much better without the whole Rolo plot.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote