View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 19:24   Link #32
ApostleOfGod
^.^

10/10 Script, Editing, VA
9/10 Anime Quality

I may be a booster compared to a lot of the posters here, but I think we can all agree that CG was unbelievably entertaining. All these people who say "it was a bit entertaining" or "meh, it lost its touch halfway", I know y'all was set up with your popcorn and drinks to the left, Tv set to perfect volume, and a comfortable position to enjoy the show which CG provided each week. That's not "decent entertainment". That's Good entertainment.

Scripting... Was brilliant. Yes, there were Lots of plot twists, Lots of things that were not necessarily cleared, but that's the thing. It shouldn't necessarily bother us to the end. You know, when I was watching Lulu get stabbed, and the whole operation of Zero Requiem happening, I wasn't sitting at my monitor, thinking, "Hmm.. Will C.C.'s real name be mentioned soon?" No. I let myself enjoy the show for what it is. I tell you, I've watched a lot of animes up till now, and Code Geass has been an extraordinary ride. No doubt this is true. It was intense, it brought the fans the excitement they needed. You can't have everything anyways. And with the scripting comes Editing, which was well done too, considering all of the commotion at early season and pre season.

VA was perfection - I can't speak for the entirety of the two seasons - I don't remember every scene and voice acting - but I can say that every moment of CG I can remember had splendid voices which matched character and mood. A good Voice Acting is one that doesn't take away attention from the show and plot - that's exactly what happened with CG. I never had to point out that Zero's voice was different at some point, or that C.C.'s voice seemed out of place; I didn't have any complaints with that. Sheer splendor.

The A Q is only 9 because of the drop at certain points. Also, due to the lanky character designs of the CG franchise, sometimes, things out of proportion were notable. But these minor flaws never took away from the suspense and the thrilling backgrounds, movements, and all scenes - Quality maintained its high standards pretty much through the entire show.

Overall ranking... Easy 10/10. CG was one of the few animes that always kept me on my feet. Very exciting and a great storyline. Once again, this masterpiece is a 10/10.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote