View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 18:39   Link #25
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I already have the Code Geass effect, I keep thinking there's another episode of CG tommorrow...way too used to waiting for Code Geass on a sunday...

Animation

While I except better animation from such a popular show, the animation is fine. Althought sometimes the story boarding gets a little off, like Spinzaku and Marianne random high kick.

Although Lelouch mouth looks real odd from time to time, I liked how Sunrise adapted Clamp art style. I prefer Sunrise own drawings compared to Clamp's. Clamp has some funny tastes for Emperor Lelouch...and Suzaku Knight of Zero battle clothes. I'm no expert when it comes to mecha, the mecha looks nice enough to me. But still...pink mecha for C.C? At least make it green...

Overall the animation is well done, so 8/10 (If KyoAni is rated 10/10)

Sound

Fukamaya Jun as Lelouch is just a perfect match, the speeches done by Zero, the emotional scenes with Lelouch is perfect. Unfortunately, Fukayama Jun can't sing ;P The other seiyuus are perfect. The only once I disliked is V.V.

Nothing is wrong with Code Geass voices, they're all perfect. But one problem I have with Code Geass seiyuus, is that when I hear them from another anime, I end up thinking it's Code Geass. The best example must be Fukayama Jun, when I heard him in Special A...I keep thinking to myself 'Why dont Kei just geass Hikari'. C.C seiyuu, Yukana is currently voicing a character in Soul Eater, and obviously I get reminded by it.

The OST sounds great, with or without Code Geass. R2 OST is definately better then the first season, which in some opinion this might be the only thing that is better then first season.

Sound : 10/10

Story

The story is enough to make me want to know what happen next. The story got really weird after the Wakamoto rocket episode, I just don't understand anything after that. The China arc felt like a waste, despite I quite enjoyed that arc.

The script sometimes is very...how should I put it...interesting? I love how Lelouch said he'll use Rolo like a rag, and then throw him away like one too. But when he told C.C to die with a smile, felt very cliche. The script isn't the most unique, but I feel it does it job.

The ending however, I happy with it. Sunrise did leave a few things open, but I feel if they made a closed ending...it might rage the fans even more ^_^''

I'm not the best analyser for storyline and scripts. But there is enough twist to make me want more of it, despite sometimes being quite random. I wouldn't call R2 typical yet, but that might be because I watch other anime that is meant to be cliche.

Story 7/10

Overall, there's actually ALOT of problems when it comes to R2, mainly the twists, plot and character section. But it enough to make fans talk about and definately the most popular anime of the Spring-Autumn anime. It created many memes too (mainly Spinzaku). At the very least, I enjoyed it even with these problems. I would give it an overall 8.