View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 16:16   Link #28
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Then... its probably a good thing you aren't in charge because Japan is a bit too important in the world to "not give a shit" about its foreign perception and relations. However, you're on target with the need to "clean up home affairs".

I find the pressure for her run at the office interesting. Is it cynical diversion? A real attempt to shake things up? A realization that all those women voters are kind of pissed off with the failure in "rice'n'soy" issues? (what we call bread'n'butter issues in the US).

It is pretty clear the public in Japan is damned unhappy with the inability of the politicians to steer the bureaucracy and unhappy with the bureaucracy for forgetting their cushy lairs require keeping the populace at least marginally satisfied with government services (roads, healthcare, transit, help for rural sectors, etc).
Who Koike?
She is just an eye pleaser to gain coverage by the media, sympathy from the female voters and evade the real topic at the house of representative election.
She is only going to be a one point relief and be disregarded after election.
Knowing those LDP's tactic make me more frustrated and even if she remains, she is going to be a puppet and god forbid who know's who the puppeteer is going to be.
As for foreign affairs, I am aware of it's importance but as I said many times it can be placed in the back burner FOR NOW.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote