View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 10:59   Link #22
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Domestic problems first and everything else like foreign affairs can be thrown in to the back burners for now.
As I have wrote earlier the main agenda for next election will be TAX HIKES I for one do not mind paying taxes but when I see how grossly mis-used then I will talk with my votes.
One more thing I can't stand how the LDP selects their head representative.
The electerial system is that the elected representatives(member of the upper and lower house) has one vote each counting to 182 and the entire remaining party members represents 312(?) votes.
How many party members are there anyays?
They've got to have more than one million party members aren't they?
So one regular party member's vote has only 0.04% of the total while the elected few who can meet regularly represents 3% of the total?
This system is a hot bed for deciding the next PM behind closed doors.
It's sounds similar to the nominating process in the US, where indivdual "super delegates" (about 400 or so) have the same weight as the 1500 or so delegates that are actually elected in each of the individual state primaries.

The fact is normally the "elite" votes follow the "electoral" votes anyway, (or maybe vica verca) so it doesn't really matter in the end. Any party that overrules the popular vote of its members too much ends up losing power in the end anyway.
Sam Pinansky

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-09-05 at 10:13. Reason: starter line in quote removed
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote