View Single Post
Old 2008-08-31, 08:11   Link #25
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
There's a problem with tiger and the new threaded integrated video. Not sure what's the problem but I'll try to figure it out.

@Pandar
I cannot reproduce your problem. Closing the video window anyhow and then opening another video reopens the window without problem. The two lines you get in the console are not related.
Also, I cannot tell what's causing your stuttering. Did you try playing the files with the command line?
Code:
/Applications/MPlayer\ OSX\ Extended.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer -fontconfig ##Drag your movie here##
@Ryoujin
Does the window always come from the corner when exiting fullscreen for you? I've noticed that too but it only happens occasionally.

There are actually two different video outputs: Core Video and Quartz.

Quartz is the graphics layer of OSX and the "quartz" video output driver directly interfaces it to render the video. Core Video is a newer framework that simplifies video output by interfacing with quartz for you.

So basically "quartz" is the older output driver that implemented a lot of the logic itself what was later taken care of by OSX with Core Video. "macosx" is the newer driver that uses Core Video, introduced with (and since used by) QuickTime 7.

And then there are two flavors of the Core Video "macosx" driver. An external one (the same one you get if you use mplayer on the command line) or an integrated one. In case of the integrated, the mplayer part only writes the prepared frame to shared memory and MPlayer OSX then reads that frame and uses Core Video to display it.