Thread: School in Japan
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-10, 22:00   Link #53
nujaves
Native engrish speaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
I have a bunch of questions about what school is like in Japan?
Here some info those not on Wiki from my experiences (I use to go Japanese public Jr high school)

Quote:
About what percent of japanese schools have swimming pools and require their students to take swimming classes?
It`s part of PE class. Well I skipped them most.

Quote:
Do most schools have flat roofs that students are allowed to go on?
Not allowed to go on, they usually locked. but we made some tool call "Master key" for open tha doors and go on anyway. The roof top is one of hiden place. Other are back yard of gymnasium, porch, emergency staircase. Those where people eat lunch, skip class (for hide), sleep, skate, and smoke cigarette/weed.
Oh yea, they have 保健室( hoken-shitsu/nurse`s room?) the best spot for sleep.

Quote:
About what percent of schools require their students to wear uniforms?
Most of them, but free school. well...after 8th grade, we start customize uniforms. Girls make skirt shorter, change hair colors, wear hoodi and stuf.

Quote:
How rare is it to see a teacher throw chalk at a student?
Thats one of seven mysteries. However, I heard some teacher got skiil of it, just like sniper.

Quote:
Do students really have to memorize square root values of non-perfect squares in math class? (The square root of 2 is 1.4142 for example.)
I dun no what you guys talkin about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Btw, do Japanese students establish their own club like in anime/manga?
Basically, yes. but you have to find adviser/teacher and pass 生徒総会(seito-soukai/student`s congress). Some A hole always start yell and try to stop establish new clubs or break up small clubs(they just do it for fun or act like togh and smartass) so you gotta fight them to protect clubs.

Hit fire alarms- we do it just for fun

Jackin announce room- they have broadcasting/announce club and they DJing music at lunch time. but thay always select classic music (I like classic music now) or read some bord stories which is nobody listen. so me and
friends use to jack announce room, then brast off Nirvana, NOFX, RATM stuf loud.

And....whatelse...oh ya, in class room, we usually able to sit wherever you want sit. but best place is back and window side, teachers can not see the conor. You can read manga, play games, send E mails, sleep, and growin imagination. The Haruhi`s seat!

Those things by 公立中学 kou-ritsu public school. I don`t know about private school. and please not forget, if you bust for smoke, or drivin scooters without licence, you will get suspend or kick out.
nujaves is offline   Reply With Quote