Thread: School in Japan
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 11:04   Link #22
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Thanks Patrunjelu, Amray, -KarumA- and Solais. I've once heard about Lingua and related Action Plans, driven under the strong initiative of the Parliament, but I'm really pleased to hear the ongoing practices in each State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
yep English is always standard. Here we had our mother language, English class and in the first 2 years of highschool French and German, in the last two where you get to pick special courses you'll need to chose between French and German. Unless you're in the more intelligent class then you keep both and if you're even higher you can add Greek and Ancient Latin to it X3
Although I have no knowledge on Dutch except some terms introduced into Japanese, but I sometimes find myself being able to "read" Dutch scripts when aboard in KLM. The grammar and vocabulary of Dutch has many in common with the two neighbouring languages, English and German. Latin and French may be worse, but they are after all in the same branch of Indo-European languages. I believe you have less hardship than you sound; imagine, for example, you have to learn just two languages instead of the five, but they are Nabajo and Chinese...
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote