Thread: School in Japan
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 10:21   Link #17
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
All students in EU are required to master two languages used there other than the mother tongue, right?

According to the EuroBarometer, 34% of French people know English, and 10% do Spanish. I wonder what the rest do, and how the minority languages such as Català and Breton are treated in France.
I'm in Britain, and for the first three years of school we 'HAD' to take lessons on the French and German languages. After those three years my year group was the first year group that did not have to choose a language to learn after 'Year 9' for GCSE's. I chose not to learn a language as they were not my strong point, so instead I chose Drama....etc. But in those first three years in which you go into secondary school you have no way of dropping those two foreign language sessions, unless ofcourse one finds it 'extremely' difficult, too much to handle, and is spending a lot of their time in trying to learn the specified language and it is affecting how they are doing in other lessons and exams.

That was sometimes the case within my school.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote