View Single Post
Old 2008-06-27, 22:33   Link #67
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
I was saying that it's hypocrisy to say the ending credits have no meaning while taking much care to place your own credits prominently and defending your rights (controlling distribution, condem stealing translations etc).
Oh yes, yes it is. I haven't said otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
Oh, and I always thought that claiming it's all just wrong anyways is just as much an easy way out as is upholding some kind of hypocritic ethics. There's always been a lot of contrariness to fansubs but it's just the challange to balance off the ethics with the damage we're willing to deal.
I'm not claiming "stealing" intellectual property wrong, because I don't think it is. I'm saying the ethical fansubber crowd thinks it's wrong, which makes all their complicated arguing as for why they should be allowed to do it anyway so amusing. I don't think skipping credits (textless OP/ED = love) is wrong either and I don't think it's disrespect. I thought the preceding post explained this.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read