View Single Post
Old 2008-06-27, 03:24   Link #64
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
On another note, this endless whining about the precious ending credits is getting tiresome. The three people who care can obviously read Japanese or the credits would be useless, so why aren't they watching raws? Also, as Doughnuts points out, it has for a long time been quite common to make one lossless encode of the OP/ED and then splice that in for each episode.
It's not only a question of understanding but also a question of respect.

Ending credits can easily be compared to the fansubber's credits they often take much care to place them right next to important positions in the opening credits and often show they completely disregard that there is something like original credits that could actually be read.

I couldn't care less who translated, timed or typesetted a show. It has to be good enough and everything else is irrelevant to me. In this vein I could argue that fansubber's credits should be removed since they just clog up the screen.

But I don't think that would be right. Fansubbers put a lot of effort into subbing and it's right that they get credit for that. But that applies even more for the creators of the anime that put a trendemous effort into production and often don't earn enough to support a decent living. Cutting away the ending credits like they're just dead freight really isn't right towards all the people that deserve credit for what they've done. Even if most people can't read it or don't care about it.