View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 10:37   Link #6
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
1. All the other girls' routes besides Haru's are unimpressive. Without Maou or Usami, the game would be nothing.
Most likely, I believe the non main heroines scenario are just for sake of completeness.
It is nothing short but "what if", though even so, it is obviously lacking due the fact it isn't matching well the "Maou VS Haru" part, especially for Kanon's route which becomes quite weird (Haru going MIA, bomb issue etc).

Quote:
3. Tired mistake in the main story -- a lot of otherwise great stories make this damn error, and I wish writers would stop using it. It makes them look ameturish and alienates the reader. Sayrin had an awesome love-conqouers-all, emotionally satisfying good end.
Maou's identity "reverse twist" ? Or are you talking of something else? The epilogue?
Quote:
This game is all about the detective action-drama between Maou and Usami, and when it's doing this it's a great game you can't miss. THis game officially settles the scenario writer into the top of the current industry writers. While not a legendary work of greatness nor does it quite deserve to be called a masterpiece, it is a clearly superior game that will be remembered as one of the media's finest.
Very true, though I think that the game, despite not solely focused on "characters" did a fair job with all characters in their development etc, even with the non main routes. For instance, Kyousuke's development and growth with Tsubaki was quite big.
On the other hand, Mizuha's route developped nicely the "sister" part, though I think Yuki's route would be fairly better... maa, I guess we can't have everything on a silver plate.