View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 19:25   Link #37
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's probably best to keep any fanfics in the Fan Creations forum. If any of you have questions about the technology in Macross, or historical events and the like, feel free to ask them here. On the other hand, if you have a compelling reason for an Original Character thread in the Macross forum instead of the Fan Creations forum, please point it out; I'm not totally opposed to the idea.
I think the Macross universe is worth its own dedicated OC and fanfic thread because its actually a rather large universe; close to 50 years to play with, and that's not considering any possible mutations in trying to reconcile with Robotech.

Also, it's probably my opinion, but from my experience in the Nanoha OC, a dedicated thread made sure that every one who visited the thread were Nanoha fans at the base, but each bringing their own spin into the universe; I feel that is important, since fanfics are technically coming from the same source material, and Fan Creations might just be too general for the thread to thrive.

And because it IS a dedicated Macross thread, authors who deal with only Macross fics and characters will have a more suitable home, and where other Macross fans who had ideas for a fic/OC but not the clues or the guts to put it into words, can find a place of like-minded individuals where they can air their thoughts, and thus contribute to the growth and development of Macross fanfic & OC flora for the good of all.

(Pardon me; I'm a hardcore idealist... )