View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 15:38   Link #70
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Acutally I'm 99% sure it's stated that they have no real clue how allot of there stuff works and that this was done on purpose.
I've yet to see proof of that. Thing is, Zent personnel like Exsedol, basically a walking computer, would have exceeded the intelligence level of most humans. He frequently analyzed new findings and had absolutely no problems in identifying how existing technology works.

Quote:
After all the Zent's weapons were pretty much all built in giant automated factories (that themselves by the time of the Macross where starting to fail)...

All we really need to look at to see this fact is that even after thousands of years they use the exact same weapons no attempts to adapt, no feild modifications, no new models just slogging along with the same stuff they always had churned out by an increasingly dwindling supply of automated factories to and ever shrinking Zentradi fleet. The Zents were on the slow road to extinction before they encountered the UN.
Because there had been absolutely no need to upgrade their weapons, given what they had more than fulfilled their purpose. Their fleet was more than a match against the UN SPACY, and if Baldoza was a little more determined, the annihilation of mankind wasn't difficult to accomplish.

There is also absolutely no evidence to suggest their 'factories' were in a dire need to 'resupply'. Based on the comments of Exsedol and/or the comments of Breetai, there could be millions, if not billions of factories in existence. Oh, and btw, the factories do maintain themselves, and it is also suggested that new factories could be planted.

And I don't know where you even got the "Zents were on the slow road to extinction" came from. Since no Zent ever suggested their race was on a slow road to decay, or the confident comments of Breetai, who stated not only once that to make Zents impotent as a war machine was either unthinkable or impossible, I highly doubt 'extinction' besides contacting culture or losing an all-out war against the Supervision Army was planned.

Even by Space War I, the automated factories were still churning out additional fleets, the Zent fleet was growing, not dwindling. They are just being kept busy fighting another war.

Quote:
Who leaves Broken glass just laying around there ship though... maybe it's not definitive proof, but the interior of the bloody flag ship looking rather ramshackle can't be totally dismissed either IMO.
Er, they didn't leave "broken" glass just 'laying around the ship". They actually cleaned that up. Sure, the monitor is still broken, but no broken glass was 'laying around'.

The flagship did look rather ramshackle, but once again, they've not returned to any of their supply stations ever since they stationed near Earth orbit.

The SDF was itself pretty banged up for a long duration of the show if you noticed. But while the SDF can return to Earth for maintenance, the Zents could not, or chose not to. That is where I applaud the production staff for being consistent.

Quote:
Absurdly unlike there is no sane reason to think that protoculture factories all produced uniform quality let alone that this was maintained as they went without maintenance for thousands of years and began to break down.
It is well noted the automated factories do maintain themselves.

Quote:
Yeah ohh... 5 million to 1 odds can even out quite a bit.

5 Million guys with rocks and sticks could killed one guy even if he had a machine gun and unlimited ammo.
Now see, that is an easily identified sarcasm which I shall read, go 'ha ha' and promptly ignore.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote