View Single Post
Old 2008-05-11, 01:37   Link #30
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
While we are discussing economics of human-Zentradi colonies.

I have noticed I haven't seen from Macross Plus to Macross 7 and in Macross Frontier of anybody using cash.

Assuming that physical tender is obsolete then they may in fact use a electronic currency system.
There's one reason an electronic system wouldn't be preferable; foreginers. Sheryl would be broke as soon as she left Galaxy if all her wealth was filed away electronically. That is assuming they can't update credit information real-time between the colonies, which I don't know if there's any evidence of them being able to do so.

It's really kind of hard to say since Macross is more culture centric, rather concerning itself with economic sense. Like a popular restaurant chain seen in the first Macross series is seen on a colony in a later one. Is this evidence of a small buisiness expanding itself or a cultural icon moving with it's people?

The fact that many giant Zentradi are accomdated for, and not just small goods and merchandise, but an entire humongous mall built to their size, indicates that on Frontier at least, they prefer cultured living.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote