View Single Post
Old 2008-05-08, 16:49   Link #19
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
A Personality
1. Describe about yourself

Bit of a nutty english bird who lives 'aving a laugh with her mates. :P

2. Do tell what you disgusted the most in fansubbing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Crud
Groups who lord themselves over others, doign stupid shit like holding subs to ransom, banning people for asking "routine" questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.merines
Long-standing "hate" between groups disgusts me the most. These are usually only personal problems between a couple people gone too far.
Life's too short for virtual wars and hate against people you're most likely never gonna meet offline, move on people.

3. Do tell any attributes you like about fansubbing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Crud
In most groups, the ability of everyone to just get along and produce something. There's a chemistry in every group that survives more than a couple of episodes, and that's a pretty cool thing to experince.
Fans getting together to create something for like-minded fans around the world.
Personal answer?
Lucky to be hanging/working together with some kick ass talented people online and offline. *muchos kudos*

4. What are your aliases or nicknames you've used in fansubbing?
Mystique

B Mission
1. Why do you fansub in the first place?

Keep my language skills up, give something back to the fansub community, learn new things, meet new peeps.

2. Why do you continue fansubbing?
To fufil my answer above as long as I can.

3. When are you into fansubbing?
if you mean watching fansubs, then Oct 2003.

4. When do you start fansubbing?
March 2007

5. Define fansub or state the mission of the fansub
(mainly) non japanese fans of anime, manga or dramas who get together to volunteer their free time to help produce decent releases for like minded fans to understand and enjoy.

C Groups
1. List your current group(s) and your position/job in that group(s)

SD Project
Jobs: Adding silver hairs to the male members of the group :P

2. List the Group(s) you've worked you're working with now
SD Project
(which would make this question the same as above, sorry but the tense mistakes got to me ><)

3. List the Group(s) you've worked with in the past
Nada, I'm not going anywhere for a while either :P

4. Do you freelance?
Nope, ask me in about 3 years time >.>

D Projects
1. What kind of series (genre) do you enjoy working on?

One's that end!! xD
Umm, shows that i enjoy (but not love else it'll ruin it for me) so shounen, fantasy, magic, action, horror, mystery etc.

2. Do you work on any series that you don't like? If so, why working on them?
Somehow ended up on one, however the reason I'm still on it (against sanity, lol) is cause I see the potential of creating something amazing from it... if only for the want of a complete team ><;;;;

E Jobs
1. What are your current fansubbing jobs

Project Leader, Translator (in training), ass kicker, male stresser, party starter, mischievous minx.

2. Which fansubbing jobs can you do
Group correspondence, translate, basic editing, basic QC'ing and dealing with the lovely bitchy and rude leechers when everyone else has resorted to sniper guns.

3. What are your favorite fansubbing jobs
Releasing! xD
Well in a sense I guess so, cause it's everyone's efforts combined to give the public something good. ^^

4. Make a definition of the job you can do or your current fansubbing job briefly.
Keeping tabs on the status of a project, making sure team members keep in touch, engage in the art of mental masochism (aka translate), driving my group members around the bend, the usual :P

F Other Plans
1. When are you planning to retire/quit from fansubbing?

If fansubbing on the net becomes obsolete, but at most I may have 'extended breaks'; can't really stop learning a language.
2. Are you planning to train other novice fansubbers so that they'll be just as good as you are?
Ask me that in 3 years, lol.
Generally, I don't mind making newbies feel welcome and offering all kinds of help, as long as they're willing to work hard and improve in their field.
3. Are you going to document everything what you did so that other people can get to know how to fansub better?
Nope, I believe we have a fansubwiki for that already.

Last edited by Mystique; 2008-05-08 at 17:07.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote