View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 22:25   Link #12
silverfire
World's Biggest Douchebag

13/F/Kentucky

Somewhere near Bowling Green, actually.

a. Douche bag. See title.
b. Vultures. On any series. It's okay if you speedsub since you most likely suck anyway, but drop in the middle and you earn the official stamp of fail.
c. Being able to tell people they suck to their face, be right about it, and kill groups by demotivating their translators into quitting (<---- have done this about 3 times now)
d. silverfailure, silverfag, silverfaggot, 銀の炎, 銀の失敗, 실버파이어

a. Because I'm a control freak by nature and absolutely nobody does it right unless I'm the one doing it.
b. Because it's fun berating people for below average work.
c. Whenever a project is moving at a consistent pace.
d. About May 2004
e. The goal is to produce something of nearly professional quality.

a. Menclave, CrystalNova, Static-Subs, and freelancing - QC, Timer, and Encoder for all
b. ...Isn't this the same damned thing as (a)?
c. Too many to list. At one point I was concurrently in about eight groups.
d. See (a).

a. I enjoy working on dramas the most, but inadvertently end up working on mechas quite often (see: Eureka Seven, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam 00... list goes on)
b. I work on a lot of series that I don't care much about mostly because I do a lot of karaoke timing, where I do something that's mostly a one-shot then forget the project even existed.

5. - N/A

a. Timer, QC, and Encoder
b. Almost everything, though I don't have any patience to translate and I suck intensely at Typesetting (karaoke included).
c. Karaoke timing. It's fast and commitment-free (except Macross Frontier T_T)
d. Timer - Setting start and end times as humanly accurate as possible (without leadin and leadout) in under 20 minutes without filling the translation, then running my scripts to end up with a finished product.
QC - Bitch about everything you can possibly bitch about. Quite enjoyable for people like me who relish in telling people they suck. Not limited to QCing your own group's releases. Can also QC other groups' releases and spread it around showing people how much that group blows.
Encoder - Not screwing up and blurring the living crap out of everything (see: Not Edward_K section). Also involves not oversharpening or oversaturating stuff (see: lots of other encoders in new groups).

a. Fansub retirement is a myth. Only extended breaks exist.
b. No. I don't have the patience to actually teach people. The only form of teaching I do is suggesting that someone do a certain job, then bitching and whining about their work till they fix what they do wrong.
c. No. It's not my desire, nor job to make anyone else better. It's much more effective use of my time for them to improve on their own.

Last edited by silverfire; 2008-05-07 at 23:08. Reason: Gradually posting it all
silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote