View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 20:54   Link #92
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
In the exercise, the Queadluun-Reas didn't use their missiles or their main gun, so the firepower advantage is more or less moot. While Alto couldn't use any missiles, he still had the advantage conferred by the VF-25's latent capabilities, and that of the super-pack. It was Klein Klan who operated under the greater handicap, which would make sense since they were basically trying to test him.
If you are referring to the shoulder piece, that would be their support weapon. In terms of short-ranged firepower, the Queads still out-gun their Valkyrie counterparts with their twin blasters. Nene made the mistake of trying to out-run a Valkyrie, that is why she got shot down. Instead, Quran decided to put up a fight face-to-face as that is what Queads were designed to do, and do very well at!

Anyway, I am mainly speaking from my experience playing Another Century Episode. YF-19s for example, are faster in fighter mode and can easily outrun my Quead especially with afterburners. But the YF-19 also pack less punch and armor. The Queads on the other hand, may be a bit slower, but is actually more agile as a powered armor. Head to head, toe to toe, Queads can smack YF-19s silly, especially if the latter is dumb enough to resort to battroid mode.

Yes, ACE is just a game, but it tend to have an accurate portrayal of real-robots, imo.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-05-07 at 21:10.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote