View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 20:20   Link #8
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
1. Personality
1. A quiet, unsociable person. Kind of like the guy you expect to snap and walk in with guns, except I'd much rather take a nap.
2. Long-standing "hate" between groups disgusts me the most. These are usually only personal problems between a couple people gone too far. Also oversubbing.
3. I like working with others toward a common goal.
4. the_Merines in my earlier days, now just Merines/Gunbuster

2. Mission
1. Boredom, sense of obligation to fellow group members
2. I feel like I am still improving.
3. All the time. Ask the people I work with. It's bad when fellow group members ask if I ever sleep.
4. October 2006
5. A fansub is a fan-produced episode of anime/j-drama/whatever. The fact that they are distributed doesn't matter much in my eyes.

3. Groups
1. Formula (leader), Shinsen (go-to guy?)
2. Currently at Formula and Shinsen
3. Worked with Fansub no Tameni and Guardian Project in the past
4. I don't, not l33t or well-known enough. Too busy.

4. Projects
1. Anything not overly "moe" or ecchi. Absolutely no mahou shoujo ever again. Mech or sci-fi preferred.
2. Yes. Because I was asked to. It's even possible to grow to love a show you start off hating (see: Hitman Reborn)

5. Founder: Only if you start at least one group
1. The group I had joined was falling apart, and I felt I was not good enough to attempt to apply to another group. I started Formula to sub only Wangan Midnight, but somewhere along the way it became a real fansub group.
2. Feels at times like we might collapse, but it hasn't happened yet.
3. null
4. We were successful at the start due to being offered joints by a larger group. I really didn't/don't do anything to make us successful. Just lucky to be surrounded by competent people.

6. Jobs
1. timing, editing, typesetting, QCing, group leader
2. ^ those
3. timing... it's the only thing I feel I'm actually good at
4. too lazy

7. Other Plans
1. Depends. Probably not for a while.
2. I don't feel I'm good enough to train anyone.
3. I wrote a "how to time" walkthrough for Formula a while back, but things have changed a lot since then, so it's become outdated. Wrote an editing style guide as well, but it's mostly a mishmash of preferences.