View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 07:35   Link #71
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Heh. I heard that he originally wanted to make an anime version of Top Gun, but he got convinced into making it a Macross story as well.
I think he partially realized that part of hims dream with Mac Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Given that the VF-171 looks almost identical to the VF-17 from Macross 7 with the addition of a slightly extended nosecone and a less bulbous engine cowling, the new fighter may be a VF-11 descendant or redesign, if not an actual VF-11 itself. It's not like the series AVOIDS playing on nostalgia - if they weren't, we wouldn't have had as many homages as we've seen so far, the school Alto goes to wouldn't have to be designed to resemble the original ASS-1 in firing position, nor would they have had to bring back the Queadlunn-Rea/Rau's instead of just letting Klein and company pilot all-new Zentradi designs or VF's in miclone form.
And yet, I think the de-folded unit is nothing more than a aerospace craft in its most simple form fitted with FTL equipment. Heck, I don't think its a frontline fighter, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Heck, they even brought the VB-6 in from Digital Mission VF-X-2 into the main show here; I don't see them being afraid to introduce old fighters from previous series, given this is a 25th anniversary series to celebrate the Macross franchise.
The VB-6 wasn't exactly a fighter. It was more of a ground artillery support system. Its been upgraded into a variable equipment from its original form due to the need for mobility, and not intended for front-line engagement. Unless of course, one has a deathwish.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote