Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-02, 13:59   Link #91
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
How can you compare series finished decades ago which have become "classic" with a new one which is airing now? We can give a general evaluation on Macross Frontier only when it will be finished.

Anyway I have a question myself: why does the humanity goes from a star system to another colonizing planets? I mean the colonies are autosufficient environments so why humanity doesn't live on colonies without going around the universe? When a colony is filled up with inhabitants another colony can just be built...
It's explained in the prologue. The Earth-Zentradi war decimated the human race on Earth, who were then the only known surviving inheritors of the Protoculture way of life. This was a wake up call to just how fragile humanity's existence in the universe was and how easily their precious "culture" could be lost forever.

To that end, the UN pursued an aggressive policy of colonizing across the galaxy, so that a single system-wide catastrophe, first contact with a hostile wandering Zentradi fleet or other as yet unknown hostile forces could not end everything by wiping out a single world.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote