View Single Post
Old 2008-04-30, 17:28   Link #45
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Although I am a bit unsure on its status within the Zentradi/Meltlandi equipment hierarchy. The Nousjadeul-Ger units were clearly meant to be a match (especially if you take DYRL into account), and the Meltlandi would not pilot anything BUT the Queadluun-Rau. Hundreds were shot down in the original TV series, as well as in DYRL.
I'm partly drawing my information from the listing in the Macross Mecha Manual, but it seems consistent with what we saw in the show itself. We never saw the Meltrandi fight all that much, but nothing precludes other units from using Reguld battlepods (and in fact, Laplamiz eventually does so herself), and the Queadluun-Raus manage to inflict a disproportionate amount of damage compared to other Zentradi units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Aside from Milia, there simply wasn't any notable Meltlandi aces until Chlore was introduced in Macross 7 (who, like Milia, doesn't seem to age). Milia was simply too good of a pilot, and managed to make the Queadluun-Rau to shine even brighter.
That's true, and I'm pretty sure that Milia's initial appearance played a big role towards how the Queadluun-Rau is perceived in general. Do keep in mind though that the Macross in general doesn't really do the "ace" thing - especially when it comes to larger-sized wars. There really hasn't been any notable Zentradi aces between SDF Macross and Macross 7 as well.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you know, i never really understood the practice of this so called "unseen" i know they had to drop destroids designs due to being sued, but they did still used some of them due to this "unseen" practice.

can anyone explain to me, how come this manage to get around the lawsuit?
The lawsuit against FASA only covered the images of the Battlemechs, not the rest of their designs. So what FASA did was to withdraw the disputed images from any new publications, even though the old names may be constantly mentioned. They were perfectly in their rights to do so; and to release new designs based on the old statistics and names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
There's a lot of speculation that the Behemoth was based off of the concept of the Monster.
I sort of doubt it. The Behemoth came out at a time when FASA was very different from the blase attitude that led to their use of the original designs. Moreover, it looked very different from the Monster.