View Single Post
Old 2008-04-17, 12:22   Link #42
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
In humans or other Earth’s higher life forms, YX chromosome enables male form assembling, while XX chromosome enables female form assembling.

DNA is just a four letter alphabet computer like program. The cell hardware executes molecular resequence program(aka genes, DNA) for molecular level disassembling/assembling.

Refer to
http://www.sigevo.org/foga-2007/talk...ormatics-1.pdf

"It is, therefore, a great irony that molecular analysis has led biology
into the informatic realm of complexity, redundancy, signaling,
networks, and decision making"

"A basic lesson from five decades of molecular biology is that
cells are immensely sophisticated cognitive and computational
entities."

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
I've always presumed that Macross never payed much attention to elementary genetics.

My only explanation is that Zentraedi have 2 y chromosomes, and that Meltlandi eggs only accept x chromosomal Sperm. Which would make Zentraedi and Meltlandi incompatible, This effect would probably dissapear by the second generation, particularly with Zentraedi, Zentraedi offspring would have 1 x and y, making them normal humans gender wise. Meltrandi might have a defective gene or something, so their daughters would have a half chance of carrying it.

So it would be possible for Ranka to have a Zentraedi grandfather.

That said, all this does fly in the face of conventional biology (could someone survive with 2 y chromosomes?) though this is a series with "song energy" so perhaps it's not THAT out there
Thank you encia & donquigleone for those enlightening information.

I do not pretend to have study or have any specific knowledge about genetic biology science.

I guess you learn something new everyday.