View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 11:44   Link #89
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Considering it was his repressed self, I don't consider it a drastic change. Maybe a superficial change, it's not as if he became someone he wasn't. But rather he became someone he was.
It IS a drastic change from what he was. Stop playing with words. SUZAKU'S CHANGE IS DRASTIC.

PERIOD.

Quote:
So america went around slaughtering ghettoes of african americans? When was this and how was this missed in my history lessons? And you mean to say there's no discrimination in America now? Really? Really really?
America killed Native Americans and did go about with lynching. And look at America now, it's NOT nearly as racist as it was long ago.

I never said there's no discrimination in America, I just said look at the past and the now, and discrimination isn't as plain blatant as it was back then. Hell, you could be sued for it and called a racist on national tv and get murdered socially for it.

Quote:
Again, this doesn't answer my qns about how a person whose reasons for joining the army is because of a illogical rationalization and an indirect wish is to die and reason has hope, or how people can even draw the conclusion that he joined the army out of hope that he would change it from within when he joined it from his own non-hope-related desires.
Suzaku's hope is in the change in others. He said it himself in episode 19 that he lacks a true goal for living but keeps moving forward because he needs to live for his crime (of killing his dad) and atone for it. Suzaku hopes to change others, and he also joined the army to lessen actual death.

Proven by his Jesus style of combat.

Quote:
Again, proof of pragmatism isn't a measure of good or evil in any way -_- It just prove he's all the more dangerous.
But that doesn't change the fact that Schneizel is pragmatic enough to make inclusion of Numbers into the Empire a reality.