View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 11:10   Link #72
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It still remains to be seen whether Suzaku has truly changed that much. What I said referred to what I thought of Suzaku's char as of the end of S1 but in S2, he truly hasn't shown up much at all and his few appearances haven't been that significant.
Suzaku already changed drastically from episode 23-25 alone. And he'll probably change some more.

Quote:
A change that may also not work. Of course, there's also the no. of lifes lost while that idealised change is taking place.
The lives lost while that idealised change takes place is no different from the lives lost in rebellion. But Suzaku's path may indeed cut the cycle of violence completely if he succeeds.

Quote:
I think this is the crux of the matter. Suzaku may never have enough power and he's already doing things that are against the very ideals he espoused. Even if you say that he wants to end the discrimination, starting up a new wave of discrimination in the newly conquered country seems to be going against his own beliefs again.
Never have enough power? Suzaku has HOPE. That is one of his trademark traits, following trust and now, selfishness.

Quote:
Um, there's no proof that Schneizel really is that nice of a person.
And there's no proof that he's actually bad. What Schneizel is is a very practical man who would let the Numbers actually become a part of the Empire and from his words, "breathe new life into it".