View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 17:15   Link #66
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
She was a villain of the first movie. Which obviously at the time was the only movie.
Still, she doesn't appear in the original manga and, in the context of what Saint Seiya was and what it continues to be, it's reaching a bit too far to imply her design has influenced C.C. in Code Geass any more than, say, a dozen other equivalent designs throughout the decades.

Quote:
Eris has appeared in several other things. The point was apparently that japanese people know nothing about greek mytology and any given Norse Goddess would be as recognisable, yet Eris did manage to make it into a very popular anime franchise, whereas Frigg or Freya are not major characters in any anime movie.
We'd need to know about the background behind that production, but the Saint Seiya franchise was explicitly built around Greek mythology in the first place, so figures from that pantheon were going to make it in, one way or another. There are a few characters from other mythologies as well, but in much smaller quantities.

So far, there is nothing inherently Greek-related in Code Geass, to assume that a particular anime interpretation of a Greek goddess would be the source of inspiration.

Quote:
You also seem to be focusing on that one point as the crux of the argument when there are others.
Essentially because, even in the unlikely event the rest of your hypothesis happens to be correct, something I don't know and don't particularly mind, that specific part of it seems to be the weakest.

Quote:
I wish people were good at arguing but I guess from a Weeaboo forum it's a bit too much to hope for :/
I find this rather ironic, for reasons that would be too off-topic to address.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote