View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 21:06   Link #78
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
hm, not quite sure I can say I'm not. The thing is, so many people assert their own standard of good and evil that 'the Britannian Empire is bad', that 'Suzaku is wrong', that 'Lelouch's manipulative actions are necessary' in these threads about Code Geass, when things actually aren't so black and white. And their primary motivation for holding these opinions is because they want Lelouch to win and think Lelouch deserves to win. It's pretty unreasonable.
Britannia has been shown to massacre innocent people left and right, including women and children. What's the excuse for killing babies, they might grow up to be terrorists? I don't quite understand how you can say people are imposing their own standard of good and evil when the line is pretty clear cut. Racism, Oppression, Militarism, etc are not good things. A racist, oppressive militaristic regime is not and can't be good in the eyes of any rational person. Brittania has been shown to massacre people needlessly. In the first episode of both seasons we see Britannian soldiers kill babies and women, along with a whole bunch of innocent people, some whom aren't even 11s for no reason whatsoever.

They can't be considered good, you just can't view them in that light unless they you only watch the anime through the eyes of the Britannian media, who portrays innocent women and children as terrorists.

People love Lulu because he's standing up for what's right, even if his motives are personal. He's willing to sacrifice himself and become evil itself if it means others might live in happiness. Basically the guy fights fire with fire, and we love him for that. Suzaku is just a tool, he fights for Britannia and that's all I need to hate the guy. I could go on about how he's a hypocrite brat that killed his own father (has to be mental). And please don't give that excuse "oh but he thought if he's father hadn't died Japan would have adopted a hard line strategy against the invasion and more people would've died", what the heck does a 10 year old know about the world, or anything for that matter?

I rest my case.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote