View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 00:40   Link #50
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
The point is Lelouch always treats Kallen as a friend, whether he's at school or whether he's being Zero. That's why in 13 he tells her what the future holds and tells her she can just walk out if she likes, and why his thank you "was from the bottom of my heart" as Lelouch puts it in the best phrase awards on DVD magazine I.

That's why he acts like a jerk in front of her in the cave at the end of 25. That's why he keeps teasing her at school. And that's why he trusts her with the Guren Nishiki (see episode 9 preview)

Lelouch thinks of Kallen as his friend, and that means he readily goes out of his way and actually hurts himself to try and make her happier, just like with Shirley or Rivalz or Euphie. That doesn't change because she's also his subordinate.
I'm not so sure about that in 25 (unless you apply a rather roundabout interpretation and explanation for his behavior, which I suppose you could...barring whatever R2 might indicate), but I guess your point is valid for the other examples...still, I can't exactly say that such friendliness is the rule, to say the least, especially in the other cases, or that it's really all that common while he's Zero.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2008-04-10 at 01:10.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote