View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 22:28   Link #153
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly surprising. How you can argue for Kazumi fairly well in Shana yet come up with something here that feels pretty ridiculous.

Death Note in 13 episodes? What ?Don't think its the shows fault that it didn't follow your expectations. That's not really its job. Supposed to tell its story and it's done that. Only got part way into Death Note before it wasn't my thing, but honestly can't even begin to wrap my head around how you came up with that.

It's one dimensional yet too confusing for you?
Basically, I find that the character's themselves only seem to show one realy side to them... The characters don't seem to be too complex to me at all. I mean, they conform to the stereotypes of "Just as planned" male, "Tsundere" female, and "Innocent" shepard girl. I guess stereotypical was the word I was looking for? Sorry if I used the wrong one, I really didn't intend on making a statement with this.

The economic negotiations and chess match are what is complex to me. It's really hard for me to follow it at all. It's just the type of a mind I have, I guess. Like, I still have no idea what that red hair girl was about it arc 1...

I'm thinking "Death Note in 13" because both involved complex reasoning and all. This just seems a little condensed for all this reasoning. It's probably because my mind can't keep up with it.