Thread: Turn A Gundam
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-13, 11:13   Link #91
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword.impulse
Thats one of the only things I wished there were more of for some reason, more suits excavated. Even though it wouldn't have helped the story.
I think you hit on exactly why we didn't see more mobile suits in the show. Part of the theme of the show is that the people in Turn A haven't experienced war and they don't really know how to fight it. Keeping all the action small scale and low key help in creating this kind of impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Like, what are they powering the cars/planes with in TurnA? They never really seem to cover it, despite it being doubtful they use oil. And even if most of the planet got hosed by colonies dropping/nuclear war, you still think enough people/technology would have been left around to rebuild quicker than 2000 years. The facilities may be destroyed, but the general know-how of the people would still remain.
This is one of the great contradictions of Turn A, and it's also why it doesn't fit the other shows the way Tomino thinks it does.

Realistically speaking, a post-technological society will find it extremely difficult to rebuild their infrastructure. One of the big problems is that most of the easy-to-extract resources have already been extracted, so all that's left is the stuff that was uneconomical to get at for a high-tech society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
hahahaha ya, the OP is horrible, I havent watched the whole thing, the furtherest I've got is the guy saying " TURN A GUNDAM" and that part is stuck in my head right now
"Turn A Turn" was a deliberate attempt to make the same kind of OP that was used for mecha anime in the '70s and early '80s. It's no surprise that it's very different from more modern fare. I happen to prefer both OPs to many of the newer Gundam songs (T.M. Revolution's works among others).

"Tsuki no Mayu" (and "Moon") , on the other hand, is possibly the very best Gundam ED.