View Single Post
Old 2008-01-19, 20:00   Link #64
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Okay, dumb question. If we've got day 1-3, are we supposed to save over the old patch files or create a new subdirectory? I saved over them but when I try to continue from my old save, the program loads the background scene and then closes immediately, so maybe I just installed it wrong.
Ok, I figured out why the program would close when you try to load a saved game. It's not that you've got the wrong patch, or that something's wrong with the program.

It seems that the save files store the "current position" within the script file, probably the current character.

Since we added some text in the earlier Days (1-3), that must've changed which part of the script a save file would point to. In your case, it's pointing to a spot that causes an incomplete command, so the program exits.

I guess save files aren't geared as much towards changing scripts, like ours. Man, I wish save files were defined more intelligently than that... but it looks like that means we need to avoid changing text in earlier days when possible. At the least, now we know what the problem is.

Sorry about that,
Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)