View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 02:27   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
If only all posts here were as well reasoned as this. I can't say I've developed a better solution that answers all your points, but here's some further thoughts:

As a less negative title for the thread, maybe "Details Demilitarized Zone"...?

I think the main target should be threads for episodes - eg arguing about background details or real world physics/politics that are not directly part of the main story. On the other hand, getting into detail on (say) a particular character in a thread for that character seems fine to me.
I tend to agree with such an idea too. I think the type of post that would go there is the kind that obviously meant to take a hacksaw to the series on things such as fanservice, character decisions and sub plots. Basically if it's ancilliary to the plot like discussion on the captain Sumeragi's generous bust or what Wang Liu Min wears (two things that pop up frequently right in the middle of a discussion) then it could go in such a thread. I guess I would offer that the term "Non-Plot Related Discussion" could be added to the thread title in brackets or in a message inside the actual thread.

I support this idea really only because I personally don't want to see a repeat of what happened in the episode 8 thread where for a page and a half people talked about Sumeragi in a bathing suit, a scene that took up maybe 30 seconds of screen time, and really did nitpick about it. I see where the aim of this topic is going and I think it could help..
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote