View Single Post
Old 2007-12-13, 22:10   Link #14
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Something I noticed -- the translation note for "higurashi" is listed on the word's second appearance instead of it's first.

EDIT: And it crashes for me after Keiichi leaves to meet Rena outside
Hmm... I'm not replicating the problem. Are you using the onscripter-en.exe that I provided in the package? Which operating system do you have? Are you playing the full game or the demo?

I'd like to get it working for you.... it's embarrassing to have it crash like that.

(By the way, the fact that the first "higurashi" is not noted is somewhat deliberate - he's not really in a mood to explain words at that time )

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)

----------------

Ok, I replicated the error on my desktop computer, which is a Core 2 Duo running XP. What kind of processors are you running on?
I'm checking the onscripter code, and I'll update the patch once I fix the bug.

----------------
Ok, I'm pretty sure that it's an onscripter bug. I've tracked down what kinds of commands are running when the game halts (there are other halt points). I'm not sure, though, if it's onscripter code or an SDL library that is causing the problem....

Perhaps for now, those of you who are encountering the bug (which seems to happen on Core 2 Duo systems) should use the insani version of onscripter (which is included in the Minagoroshi translation patch). Use the same install process as the Minagoroshi patch.
----------------

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2007-12-15 at 23:46. Reason: replicated the error; fixed the bug!