View Single Post
Old 2007-11-29, 23:53   Link #39
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm... generally, most people (the younger generation today) won't know the older bands since you wouldn't see them on tv and radio these days (at least from where I'm from). It's all mainstream bands I see on MTV when I take a peek.
Depends on what kind of older music you are talking about. I cannot say this in general, but in US, there are a lot classic rock radios. And, I have suspicions that the younger generation would consider those radios as something to listen to (Well, if they come across southern rock most of the time - which is the case in many places -, I can hardly blame them, even I got bored of them after some time and gave a forced break to that style).

Some go mostly harder (Ozzy), some go mostly softer (Elton John). But, still you can get to hear a lot of great songs from the past (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, Rush, Rainbow, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, i.e., birth and death of classic rock and transition to other styles, are being played in I guess all of them).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote