View Single Post
Old 2004-03-13, 15:17   Link #11
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Yes, that is indeed the case with Macross 7, gohmifune, and that is also stated somewhere in this thread as well. However, Harmony Gold has stated that Macross II and Macross Plus infringed upon their copyright, and that if they had not been understaffed at the time (a point of contention in this mess, as they were actively licensing Robotech products when that occured) they would have stopped their releases, and I believe they have also stated that they will block any attempt to bring Macross Zero, or any other future sequels or prequels, over into "their territory" unless it is done through them.

Many of these statements were made at panels during Anime conventions HG staff attended. They have also blocked companies such as Yamato from domestically selling Macross (non-tv series) merchandise within what HG considers to be it's territory.

The rumour that Pioneer/Geneon has licensed Macross Zero is also pointed out in this thread, and I hope it is true. However, I would not reccomend taking it as fact until Geneon themselves make an official statement one way or the other.

Harmony Gold and Big West's positions on Macross are no secret. What the Tokyo Circuit Courts have ruled are also publicly available. The only pieces of the puzzle that are not available are the exact wordings of the contracts between Big West and Tatsunoko, however as stated there is definitely disagreement between the companies as to who owns what.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote