View Single Post
Old 2007-11-09, 23:32   Link #36
Slayerx

looking back at older episodes of bleach, one thing i was kind of picking up on was the drastic character changes for a few characters. In Particular, Renji. When we first saw Renji he was on a mission to capture Rukia for a crime so bad that they could kill her right on the spot if nessasary. Thing is though, he looked like he was enjoying the mission WAY to much... and he seemed rather genuine as opposed to some act. He seemed to enjoy attack Rukia, frightening her, and then when poeple came to help her, poeple she made it clear she cared about, Renji seem to take great joy and beating them down and was ready to kill them. Really, you know from the conversation that He and Rukia knew eachother from the past, but you damn well would not guess that they were childhood best friends... but then once we get to Soul Society he pulls a 180 and starts to act and sound like he is a close childhood friend... it's like Kubo specifically changed Renji's personality in the begining to make him look like a villian, and then changed it back to make him sympathetic.

Ikkaku mgiht be another one... really, can you imagine the Ikkaku we've seen in more recent chapters to dance around in front of his opponent like he did when he first ran into Ichigo? though i'm more willing to let that slide as one time joke kind of thing.

anoher thing i was thinking about was how soul society tolerates Ishida, chad and Orihime fighting... afterall, the whole reason the quincys were wiped out was because they killed hollows instead of cleansing them. Ishida, Chad and Orihime should be doing them same... However, i'm willing to excep that SS tolerates it for need of strong fighters in time of war, and also since their are only a few of them, they aren't doing much damage; as opposed to when you have hundreds of quicys doing it, and then there's a poblem.

But that got me thinking about something in more recent chapters, Ichigo's unwillingness to kill Dordonii, and also leaving him to be killed by the Exequias... in a sence, Killing Dordonii would have been the best thing for Ichigo to do as he would have been Purified as opposed to being killed by the Exequias which means destruction for him. Ichigo didn't really seem to take that into consideration when he let Dordonii live; he thought about Dordonii possibly attacking him, but didn't think about him being Destroyed for failing Aizen and that purification is generally a good thing... afterall, the realization that Hollows were human, followed by knowing that killing the hollows was a form of purification was a source of confort for Ichigo and what made she he would be able to kill them even if he knew they were once human souls.

I've also been thinking about friendly Ichigo has been with anarcar and hollows as of late. Not just Dordonii, but Nell, Pesche and Dondo aswell. i mean, sure their goof offs and seem harmless, but when it comes down to it, they are hollows and as such still need to consume human souls as food... which is bad thing... Nell, being an arancar should be eating hollows (though in her child form she may only need human souls tokeep going) and that too should set off a shinigami since hollows are still human souls that need to be purfied; though i'm more lenient there as Ichigo has no problem with Ishida and chad killing hollows... as much as he might pity/idenitify/care for them, they are still soul eating monsters that should be purified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You have to remeber all the information she had on them at the time was from text books and she was at almost 0 power level due to what Urahara's giga was doing to her. Menos level threats rarely come to the real world since in yammies words humans souls are to weak to fill them for the most part. So she was baseing everthing on infromation that was most likely hundrads of years old and writen for low level student shinigami, wheil powerless and beleiveing that she herself was never even at a seated power level.
Somewhat true, however, Rukia should be able to sence the reitsu from the menos and campare it to the officers in soul society, if not compare it to her former powers and probably see that a gillian is actually well below a captain or a vice captain. She should also have all the same infomartion that any other shinigami has( i mean, how can she call herself a good shinigami and not keep herself up to date; especially on something THAT threatening), and when it comes down to it, all of the shinigami went and fought the arancar with little to no fear. If they all knew the same stuff that Rukia knew, then they would probably jump to the conclusion that a gillian would be a serious or even impossible challange for a single captain or vice captain, much less Menos that changed into the more powerful Arancar, and should have been extremely worried about going into battle.

hell, when they were explaining to ichigo the whole menos evolution and mentioned that the gillian were only foot soldiers, no one seemed to point out that Ichigo had nothing to fear as the gillians are below the level of a vice captain. they continued to play it up as a serious threat.

another thing i was also remined of while looking back at old chapters was Rukia's fight with that first Hollow... considering how effortless it was for her to kill D-roy, i would think that she would be able to kill a hollow like that one in a single strike... as oppose to light cut to the arm and needing to sacrifice herself to save Ichigo... comparing her relative difficulty with that hollow and how easy the far more powerful D-roy was to kill, i can't help but think Kubo weakened her for the sake of plot

I guess that's a serious problem that can come up with most shonen... most shonen series like to make it so that there is a massive difference in strength between characters. If they would tone it down and big everyone closer to eachother, then seeing a character become stronger than another in a rather short amount of time would nto seem so unbeliable... as in, if the strength of D-roy and that hollow were a lot closer, then we can believe that Rukia might have some trouble with that hollow and yet, a month of training fter getting her powers back, might be strong enough to fight with D-roy.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote