View Single Post
Old 2007-11-08, 18:40   Link #34
Vagrant0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think that would have to be my biggest complaint. I realize that each battle gets harder to top than the last, but Bleach's are really on a sharp decline. Kubo put a decent amount of thought into the shinigami techniques, releases, seals, kidou, the whole shingami/zanpakuto relationship. It made the battles more enjoyable because it was like seeing someone use an actual fighting art. Same with the Quincy.

The arrancar and vizard have no real techniques. They just fight. Cero and bala are just generic energy blasts. Sonido is just speed. Ichigo is still getting by with just Getsuga Tenshou. Most of the fights are still fun to look it at (except Szyael's, which is a chore) but they could use some more depth.
Yeah, it does seem to be slowly falling into that DBZ rut. I think part of the problem is that the series transitioned way from normal hollows too quicky. In the beginning, all the enemies had special gimmicks which made them interesting to see fight. Every fight brought new challenges. Although arrancar have those hollow abities, they rarely use them. which tends to create a sense of blah. Having several characters who have unknown abilities around doesn't make things interesting, it just makes those characters seem less significant. What ever happened to fights where the hero got owned, and had to do something other than a training session to suddenly get stronger? You know, learn from failures... It started out that way, it was what made the first part of the series good...
Vagrant0 is offline   Reply With Quote