View Single Post
Old 2007-10-31, 13:51   Link #29
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
For me...

1. Drawn out and uninteresting battles. I haven't really been interested in any fights since the SS Arc, the recent battle that actually held my interest was Ichigo versus Ulq, and that was a while back when that occured.
I think that would have to be my biggest complaint. I realize that each battle gets harder to top than the last, but Bleach's are really on a sharp decline. Kubo put a decent amount of thought into the shinigami techniques, releases, seals, kidou, the whole shingami/zanpakuto relationship. It made the battles more enjoyable because it was like seeing someone use an actual fighting art. Same with the Quincy.

The arrancar and vizard have no real techniques. They just fight. Cero and bala are just generic energy blasts. Sonido is just speed. Ichigo is still getting by with just Getsuga Tenshou. Most of the fights are still fun to look it at (except Szyael's, which is a chore) but they could use some more depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
One thing about Soul Society that might have pissed Tousen off is that dispite the fact that they call themselves the good guys, they fully allow shinigami like Kenpachi and Mayuri... those two are pretty evil and in Tousen's opinion both should probably be done away with instead allowed into the ranks of the shinigami... he's already expressed such harsh feelings for Kenpachi, and i'm sure he would think the same of Mayuri
Yet he tolerates Gin, who he's already told to his face that he considers him untrustworthy. I believe you are right about Tousen having a skewed sense of justice. But if he's really disgusted at Soul Society for allowing the likes of Kenpachi and Mayuri it's odd he has no problem with Aizen having Gin in his inner circle. Maybe he believes that Gin is also a "necessary evil" that will eventually be discarded.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote