View Single Post
Old 2007-10-22, 13:40   Link #13
Onniguru

This thread deserves a sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Virtualdub
Virtualdubmod
I'm using mkvmerge for my muxing...but thats only for mkv and mp4 muxing, of course.
Quote:
Avisynth 2.5.6a (you can try 2.5.7 if you want, I prefer the older version)
x264 with MeGUI
MKVtoolnix
Aegisub
Audio tools (Besweet, NeroAACenc, etc)
Quote:
Usually, most groups will have access to japanese P2P networks like Winny or Share and thus have access to various types of raws. 2) Loading the Video
Yeah I use SHARE too

Quote:
However, if you plan to release a h264 version, make sure you resize to mod16 - that's usually 704x400, 640x480, 1024x576, 1280x720.
704x400 is what I usually make.
There are some guides HERE that mention
If you are editing NTSC anamorphic 720x480 footage then you should make graphics at 848x480 and resize to 720x480. If you are editing PAL anamorphic 720x576 footage at then you should make graphics at 1024x576 and resize to 720x576.
This does not apply to folks grabbing stuff off of Winny or SHARE, of course, but to folks ripping DvDs only...
Example:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# taicho 10/20/2007
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
# The above is important, seeing as I have 3 different versions of DGDecode.dll
# scattered around my system (AMVapp version, Gordian Knot version, Standalone latest build)
#LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DCTFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mt_masktools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
MPEG2Source("D:\d2v\When_They_Cry\VTS_04_1.d2v", cpu=4)
deint = TDeint(mode=2, mtnmode=3, blim=100)
TFM(pp=6, cthresh=4, clip2=deint) #pp=0 while editing, change to pp=6 before exporting
TDecimate()
LanczosResize(848,480)
#Filtering comes after this, and despite being a direct DVD rip, boy did it need it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not the whole script of course...the filtering etc. begins after this point. Also, don't expect to ever find the mkv I'm making from this to ever show up on the internet, folks...I don't distribute DVD rips . This is for my own use only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
3) Audio extraction and preparation

There are several possibilities here. If your release contains audio in a form which you want to reuse "directly" without re-encoding it, you can just extract it via Virtualdub
Most of the files I get off of SHARE these days has audio that can't be read by Virtualdub . I extract it with Avidemux2, or I extract it with Virtualdubmod. To a wav file of course.

Orrrrrr....I extract the audio using megui, directly to whatever final form I want (usually AAC). If I'm in a hurry. Then I remux at the end of it all using mkvmerge.

Quote:
4) Filtering of the original raw

Filtering of raws, especially high-resolution raws, can be very very time-consuming
Here is some recent filtering I did...I hope its not terrbile, heh
# taicho 10/14/2007
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mt_masktools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
DirectShowSource("D:\animetemp\ShareDownload\higur ashi_kai_14_src_704x396.mp4",fps=23.976, convertFPS=true)
#TDecimate(mode=7, rate=23.976)
#AssumeFPS(23.976)
AddBorders(0,2,0,2)
LanczosResize(704,400)
# for some sources, but not h264 ones like this...
#deblock_qed( quant1=20,quant2=24, aOff1=2,bOff1=4,aOff2=4,bOff2=8 )
deblock(quant=30)
#sometimes used instead of undot+FluxsmoothT
#Deen("w3d",3,3,4)
Undot().FluxSmoothST(5,7)
LimitedSharpenFaster(ss_x=1.6, ss_y=1.6, strength=120, Lmode=2)
#BlockBuster(Method="Dither")
deblock(quant=20)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This whole script took about 2.5 hours for two-pass x264 encode with Megui.
Of course, I have a dual processor, 3.2 ghz machine

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-10-22 at 17:14.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote