View Single Post
Old 2007-10-15, 19:42   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Some thoughts:
This episode was too sharp in contrast with last week in term of quality.
Much like Rias already pointed out, Hifumi and some men had very very unbalanced design, and they were often getting a HUGE body and/or a tiny head. It was beyond ridiculous sometimes... see by yourself :

animation was also very choppy at times... when Miyoko runs like crazy, or in the "don't step on them!" scene.
Seriously, this episode was nearly as budget as episode 12.

The BGM were kinda lackluster, and didn't got enough emphasis of some dramatic twists and all. I wasn't expecting game BGM anyway, but in this episode, the tracks weren't really as good as previously.

OTOH, the pace was really nice, and of course, the last scene was really powerful.
Speaking of this scene, Even though hanyuu was definitely angry, she was not overboard or enraged. I believe Horie Yui did do a sufficient job in her "angry yet confident" hanyuu, instead of simply yelling and going panzer.
I think Hanyuu in this scene must NOT go completely angry, as it is absolutely not exactly how she is feeling. She has hostility, yes, but considering her usual temper and her objective, she isn't bloodthirsty towards Takano.

8/10 in my books. (yes, the quality deducted like 1.5 point)